Travel companies often have the challenge of long lead times between customer orders being placed, and the travel happening, contacting hotels and airlines around the world and currency conversion while invoicing customers for the correct amounts. Additionally, companies which have grown rapidly may use a combination of systems and manual processes which means a lot of opportunity for errors and duplication.
Challenges we typically see:
- The sharing economy, virtual reality and the internet are all disrupting the industry and are changing customer expectations.
- Customers want a personalised experience while out of date inflexible processes mean organisations can only provide a one size fits all service.
- Customer behaviour is changing and expectations for 24 hour service is standard.
- Technological change means changes to operating models, culture and underlying architecture. To be agile and flexible enough to meet ongoing changing regulatory demands, the business has to be fully mapped and the processes need to support the speed and scalability required to handle large transaction volumes.
- Dated organisational structure has to match the future digital strategy for growth to be achieved.
- New entrants are disrupting the industry, adding pressure onto established players.
Your processes have to align to your business model and are the way things get done within your organisation. Your processes impact your entire business so they need to reflect your strategy and and your why. Your processes should be treated as living organic things with regular reviews to check they’re still working effectively and efficiently.
- First Contact
- Template Client Agreements
- Set-up Client in Contact Management System
- How you answer calls and contact
- How change requests are handled
- Holiday Support
- Develop new services
- Deliver services to customers
- Release old services which are no longer required
- Improve existing services
- Attract new employees and onboard
- Interact with HR processes
- Educate and grow
- Release and off-board
Read our travel industry case study to learn how we increased process efficiency by 50% and freed up half the team for growth activity.
Call us to discuss your process headaches on 01273 569109.